Tuesday, October 12, 2010

What Happened To Halloween?


I am seriously contemplating writing Vernal City a letter to ask them what they are doing. Today when I was driving downtown, the city workers were putting up Christmas decorations. What happened to Halloween?

Every spring, Vernal city plants a ton of planters along main street full of petunias Since we have have such a warm fall, the flowers are still in full bloom. So, right next to the pots of bright pink flowers there are now Christmas decorations. Kind of a funny combination right before Halloween!

Last weekend was a fun filled weekend with my family. I went into Salt Lake to celebrate my niece, Nicole's birthday and then drove back in Friday night so I could be there for my other niece, Tiffany's, wedding. My kids were elated to be able to spend time with their cousins. Ken and my nine year old nephew had a blast dancing at the wedding. It was funny to see Ken doing, "the sprinkler," and "the lawn mower." They had a blast dancing with their Grandma - (who also loves to dance, they must of inherited that gene from her.) I know it is something they will remember forever!

Right after the wedding ceremony, a bunch of waiters were walking around serving appetizers before dinner. They were good, but none were as good as my sister-in-law, Jenny's stuffed mushrooms that she always serves for Christmas. (All the Christmas decorations made me think about them!)

Jen's Stuffed Mushrooms

Wash one package of mushrooms and remove the stems. Brown a package of sausage and combine with one block of cream cheese. Stuff the mushrooms with this mixtures and place top side down on a cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes at 350*.

No comments:

Post a Comment