Monday, May 9, 2011

Ken the Fish


On Saturday, we spent most of the day in the community pool in Rangely, Colorado helping Ken pass off a lot of his scuba stuff. He was sooo.... excited to finally get to do this. He has been asking when he could scuba dive since he was eight or nine. I dare say we have found his calling in this life... to be a scuba man! He loved every minute of the lesson. He acted like an eighteen year old when he demonstrated that he could take off his mask under water and put it back on and clear it. The only thing he struggled with was being able to take off his b.c. vest and put it back on in deep water, but I struggled with that as well. Next month we will take him to the crater in Midway so he can do his final two dives. This whole experience has been wonderful for him. He made a list of all of the sea creatures he wants to see when he gets to go scuba diving in the ocean. So he actually wrote a report without having to be told to do it. He has been reading his scuba manual and dive magazines faithfully so we have logged tons of reading hours for school.

I wonder if he loves to be under the water because he doesn't have to talk and struggle with his "bumpy" words?

For Mother's day yesterday, I got breakfast in bed, waffles for lunch and steaks and potato's for dinner. My wonderful husband surprised me and had my wash sink in our mud room finished while we were gone to Salt Lake on Friday for a friends wedding. It was such a nice surprise to come home to!

I'm grateful for my Mom and for the amazing lady she is! She gave me this wonderful poppy seed salad dressing recipe a while ago and I can't wait to try it.

Poppy Seed Salad Dressing

Put the following ingredients into a blender and blend well:
2/3C. vinegar, 1 1/4C. sugar, 1C. olive oil, 2t. salt, 2t. mustard, 1 green onion (chopped), 1T. poppy seeds.

Chill for an hour before serving with your favorite lettuce and toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment