Monday, August 16, 2010

Squash Soup



Right before I went to Africa, my husband had to have his very first cavity filled. After forty three years, it's about time! He kept complaining about it and I didn't have much sympathy for him. But I do now! I spent the morning at the dentists office having a cavity filled. This isn't the first time I have had to sit in the hot seat. I have a mouth full of fillings, but I will never get used to the shot the dentist uses to numb my mouth or the sound of the drill grinding away on my tooth!

My jaw is so sore tonight because of the dang shot! All I want to eat is something really soft, like soup.

One night while we were in Africa, the cooks made this yummy squash soup. The expedition leader, Jamie Quesenberry, made this soup for the Kenyan Koins leader, Anthony Yama, when he visited the U.S. last October and he requested they make it while we were there because he liked it so much.

Jamie's Squash Soup

Boil a butternut squash and one onion, diced with a little bit of chicken stock and some garlic salt or powder until soft. Put this into a blender and mix with a little milk then add some nutmeg. Remove from the blender and add some mozzarella cheese. Jamie said this tastes great with some sour dough bread dipped in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment