Monday, August 16, 2010

My Inventor



Today is Brayden's fifteenth birthday. I didn't get to spend it with him because the boys are all floating down the Middle Fork of the Salmon River this week. I'm glad he is out having fun, but I sure miss him!

On Saturday, all of the boys were trying their hardest to talk me into going on the river trip with them. It is a fun trip for the boys....but I have had enough "camping" this summer to last me a year! Plus being wet and cold all day while fishing just doesn't appeal to me.

Darren's Grandpa and Uncle Burt were some of the first people to float that river so this has become a very special tradition for his family. They haven't drawn out to go the last three years, and they only got to go this year because they kept calling to see if there were any cancellations so I had to let them go.

It will be good camping experience for Kennedy. Although once they got up to Stanley he asked his Dad where the airport was so he could take him there and, "get him out of this place." I can't wait to hear the adventures they had on the river!

Brayden has always been my little inventor. Ever since he was little he has taken things apart and put them back together again to make something new. At the time it wasn't funny, but I laugh hysterically now when I think about all the times he put something into an outlet plug and zapped himself!

Bray likes to make new things with food too. One of my favorite "inventions" he came up with is his banana pomegranate lemonade smoothie.

Put one banana, 2C. pomegranate lemonade juice, 1C. milk, 1/4C. sugar, 1C. ice cubes and 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream into a blender and puree for two to three minutes until it is smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment