Monday, November 15, 2010

A Chicken Knocking On My Door


Our friends the Hansens came out to stay with us on Friday night. They said they were coming out to get some locks from Darren for a little business they have set up, but I think it was really so their sixteen year old daughter could see my seventeen year old son. We stayed up late Friday watching movies and laughing. Then Saturday we rode horses, went for rides in the Razor and went up to see some petroglyphs.

Saturday night, I heard a big bang on my back sliding door and my kids all started laughing. Evidently one of our neighbors chickens was pecking on the glass. It was cold outside and I don't blame her - it looked nice and cozy in my family room with the fire going!

I picked her up and got in the car to drive her back over to the neighbors house. My friend said she couldn't believe I took a chicken for a ride in the Cadillac. It was windy and cold outside, what was I supposed to do? The worst part was the stupid chicken peed on me! I should have just plucked her right there and made this Swiss cheese chicken recipe!

Place 8 defrosted chicken breasts into a greased casserole dish. Place one slice of Swiss cheese on top of each breast. In a bowl, mix 3 cups of chicken stuffing with one can of cream of mushroom soup and one can of milk. Pour this over the top of the chicken and sprinkle with little bits of butter. Bake 90 minutes at 325*.

No comments:

Post a Comment