Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Gratitude List and a Turkey Tip


I usually try to do a gratitude count down of what I am thankful for twelve days before Thanksgiving - but since it has been a little crazy around here lately, I am starting a few days late.

#12 - I am grateful for the sunshine - to warm up these cold days!

#11 - I am grateful for a new vacuum cleaner that works great to clean up all the dirt that comes in on the dogs feet - (The sunshine I was grateful for in #12 melts the frost every morning and creates mud!)

#10 - I am grateful I can manually tell my washing machine to spin and then drain because it quit doing that on it's own.

#9 - I am grateful for three amazing children who are hard workers without me even telling them to be. Last night Alex spent almost three hours, washing, waxing and detailing his Dad's truck because he wanted to do something nice for him. WOW!

#8 - I'm grateful for good friends who bring me treats when they know I am struggling. (Hint, hint)

Tonight for mutual we are having our annual gratitude dinner for the grandparents in our ward. I'm not excited because the young men have decided to serve clam chowder which I am not a big fan of. But it will be fun to meet with the youth and the elderly and talk about what we are grateful for, but what happened to the turkey?

A few years ago, I experimented with rubbing mayonnaise all over my turkey before I cooked it and then once again about half way through the cooking time. It turned out so moist I do it every time now. (It also works great on chicken - except when you bar-b-que because it falls down into the flames - igniting them and charring the meat - I won't do that one again!)

You can also season the mayo before rubbing it on. Here is what I like to do:
Put some mayo in a bowl and stir in some seasoned salt OR lemon pepper and a little lemon juice works great too. Using a paper towel rub it all over the meat then cook like you normally would.

No comments:

Post a Comment