Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lilly


I forgot to mention we got a new family member two weeks ago. She is an eight year old border collie named Lilly. One of our neighbors has been struggling with her allergies and asthma and suddenly became really allergic to Lilly. So Lilly came to live at my house. She is very loyal and after the first few days, has realized this is her home and hasn't tried to go back to the neighbors house.

Lilly definitely fits in at our house as a ranch dog. She herds the horses like a pro and chases the deer off wonderfully. All I need to do now is teach her to pick up the paper in the morning and she will be able to earn all the extra dog food we have been going through.

Of course it isn't all good. Yesterday, she and Kody also decided to chase my neighbors chickens out of our yard as well. I heard all kinds of noise going on outside and when I looked, all I could see was a TON of chicken feathers flying around. When I finally got the dogs to come back to me, I saw two frantic chickens sprinting back to the neighbors yard. Thank goodness there wasn't a death just a few bald spots!

Darren went to Lake Powell to winterize the house boat. Sadly, I guess that means winter is really here. The boys helped me put up and decorate the Christmas tree yesterday. It seems a little early to all of us, but we had to move the tree's in the storage room so we could put away the screens and patio furniture so it seemed like the right thing to do, plus I have to keep up with the Dastrups, Alexanders and Laris families! They still one uped me when they turned on their Christmas lights on outside their houses last weekend.
Maybe next weekend we can remedy that!

It has turned cold and windy here. That always makes me want to eat more - like I'm preparing to hibernate or something. This morning I was craving biscuits and gravy. That never happens unless it is cold outside.

Sausage Biscuits and Gravy

Cook one package of sausage then blend in 1/4C. flour and 2 1/2C. milk. Cook, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens and comes to a boil. Season to taste with salt and pepper then serve over warm buttermilk biscuits.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you succumbed to putting Christmas up before Thanksgiving. What is Vernal doing to you?!?! ;)

    ReplyDelete