Monday, November 15, 2010

A New Favorite Soup


Last week Darren ran into one of our old neighbors who was looking for a place to keep three of his horses for a month until he can move them up to Wyoming. I have a huge field so we told him to bring them up. I have fallen in love with one of them. He is a big black gelding. I forgot to ask what his name is, so I just call him Zeus. He is a movie star. His owner said he was in one of the "Work and the Glory" movies as well as a civil war enactment movie that he couldn't remember the name of.

I don't need one more horse, in fact I'm trying to downsize, but he is amazing!

I came up with a new twist for my hamburger soup this week. We were going to eat it for left overs on one of our busy nights but I didn't think we had enough for my growing boys to get full some extra ingredients to make Cheeseburger soup. It was so yummy!

I know I have posted my hamburger soup before but I have no idea where so here it is again - the just add the last few ingredients to change it into cheeseburger soup.

Hamburger Soup

Brown one pound of hamburger, then add 1/2C. chopped onions, 1tsp. garlic, 6C. water, some sliced carrots and celery (I like to use the leafy tops for more flavor), and 2 sliced potatoes. Then add 1tsp. season salt and 6 beef bullion cubes.
Simmer for several hours.
For Cheeseburger soup, add one can of Campbell's Nacho Cheese Soup and one small block of Velvetta Cheese. Right before serving stir in 2C. sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment