Friday, June 11, 2010

Real Super Heroes


I just had the most amazing week at girls camp, but I'm glad to be home. The sad part is my family is in Moab so I won't get to see them until tomorrow.

This last week I realized I am surrounded by amazing heroes. Every single adult leader that went to camp with me went the extra mile to make it an amazing week for everyone. I have so much respect for these giants that surround me!

Bishop Jones was absolutely amazing on the trip and deserves a gold medal. We never ate anything in a bag, we felt like we were on a cruise with a five course meal at every sitting he cooked- everything was primo (even the Hero sandwiches were top notch!) Fettuccine Alfredo the first night, biscuits and gravy for breakfast, steaks last night, even homemade ice cream one night. I think everyone gained ten pounds! The best part was how much fun he had playing with the girls. Kick the can one night, table tennis over the tops of the cabin, learning the camp dances (go to my face book page and watch the video of him dancing - it is hilarious!)and almost getting us kicked off the lake because he was bound and determined to have a water fight. It was an amazing week that the girls will never forget! We had several girls in the group who have horrible situations at home and he and his cute wife (who was the camp director,)made this week so amazing for them. Hopefully they can see that there really is a light at the end of the tunnel if they will just make the right decisions in their lives.

This afternoon when I stopped by to gather up my stuff out of the pile of things on his front lawn, a car stopped and then drove by really slowly while we were talking. They thought he was having a yard sale - what a great idea! Let's sell all the girls stuff to pay for camp!

Ashley Laris is one of my new heroes. She was right there with him playing with the girls (I don't know where she gets her energy)and had treats galore for them along with squirt guns, a batman clock, even a door bell for their cabin. I had so much fun riding to Heber Valley and all of the girls on the bus. She is absolutely amazing! While we were at camp, she told me about this great marshmallow cream honey butter recipe that I can't wait to try because my family LOVES marshmallow cream.

In a bowl combine:
One jar of marshmallow cream, one stick of butter softened and a bunch of honey (however much that is,) until it is well combined and then don't think about the calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment