Thursday, June 3, 2010

Finally the Sun!


Back to the wind. ARRRRGGGGHHH! Lake Powell was so nice - mostly because there wasn't any wind! It was a nice break though. Lot's of warm sun, a little bit of sun burn, wake boarding, surfing, watching movies and even a few smoores last night.

The boys had a blast with their friends. Kennedy did great on this trip. He was sand surfing, playing out on the beach and we even got him out on the tube without a fight. The only melt down he had was in the parking lot when he wanted to drive home instead of fly. What???? I couldn't believe he would rather drive for nine hours than fly for two and a little change. I realized later that he remembered we had an appointment with the therapist this afternoon and if he rode in the car, he would have missed it. He is so much smarter than anyone gives him credit for! Once we got him into the plane he was fine. It was the poor dog, Kodiac who had a hard time on the flight. He usually never has this happen, but he got sick and threw up on me after we experienced a little turbulence. Thank goodness we were almost to Vernal!

While we were at Powell, we stuck to easy things to eat like sandwiches and cereal. I did break down one morning and made breakfast. One of my kids favorites is a McMuffin of sorts. Our friend Lisa Labrum made it for us one time when they went to Powell with us. After Ken tasted it, he hummed the McDonalds theme tune. "Ba-ba,ba,ba,baaa.... I'm lovin' it!" We were all rolling - he has impeccable timing with his little one liners.

Lisa's McMuffins

Toast English muffins and lightly butter.
Cook an egg how you prefer - my boys like them sunny side up, but I just can't do the runny stuff. Put the egg on top of the muffin. Add a slice of American cheese and some bacon or a slice of sausage.

When we got home, RayLynn McCormick brought us dinner so I wouldn't have to cook tonight. She brought her yummy tortilla soup - as soon as I get the recipe I will post it because it is sooooo.... good!

No comments:

Post a Comment