Friday, May 28, 2010

Yeah! Lake Powell!


Yeah! The weather is finally warmer. But the wind is still horrible! So now it is a hot horrible wind. It is really taking a toll on my garden and all of my poor plants are struggling to survive. I almost wonder why I bothered to even plant anything because it looks like everything is dying.

Last spring, the wind blew this hard for three weeks straight and now all but two of the thirty five pine trees we transplanted from one of our properties where we had grown them from seedlings, are dead.

I'm sad it is the last day of school because I like having my days to myself. But I love having my boys around and we have a fun summer planned so I can't complain.

I found out today that we are going to have a daughter for a few weeks! Our friends the Walton's are moving back to Price and one of their daughters, Kelsy, called and asked if she could stay with us for a few weeks so she could still work before she has to go back to college in Price. We won't know what to do with a girl in the house. Hopefully the boys will be on their best behavior. It will be nice to have someone staying here when we go out of town to help with the watering and to take care of the animals.

I am so excited because we are going to take the boys and a bunch of their friends to Lake Powell for the first time this summer. We have usually been down there by now, but the weather has been so cold we haven't had any desire to go.

I am going to make this recipe I found for French Toast Kebabs. When the weather is really hot on the lake, we try not to use the oven and mainly use the barbecue to cook, so this recipe will be perfect!

Soak 12 wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes. Cut day old bread into 1 inch chunks. In a large bowl, whisk together 3/4C. milk, 4 large eggs and 1t. vanilla. Mix in the bread until it is lightly coated then tread the pieces onto the skewers. Grill, covered over medium heat until browned, turning once after about 3 or 4 minutes. Serve with buttermilk syrup or dust with powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment