Saturday, May 15, 2010

How to bond the neighborhood together


Nothing like getting a call from the Bishop at 11:30 PM asking if the horses he is trying to round up on the road by his house are mine. Thank goodness they weren't mine, but we helped him corral them anyway.

I always panic when I hear my horses are out because I am afraid they are going to head to the Alexander's houses with the perfectly manicured lawns, and rows and rows of yummy looking flowers that would be candy to my ponies! I used to have a little Arabian horse that could unlock the gate and was always letting her friends out to play. I thought it was funny, my husband didn't. I think rounding up runaway horses bonds the neighborhood. One of the funniest times we had to round up some animals was when Doc Woodward's three horses and two long horn cows got out. The one cow was a real bugger. It actually came after one of my workers who was trying to catch it! It had a ring in it's nose and somehow this worker got a lead rope hooked on to it and sat in the back of our little ranch truck dragging the cow home by the nose while my son drove the truck.
That cow escaped one too many times and it now shows up on the Woodward's table for Sunday dinner!

One of my favorite friends when I lived in Salt Lake, Michele Fitt, gave me this recipe which I love to make on Sunday's for our family dinner. Michele gave is an amazing cook and gave a ton of great recipe's but this is one of my favorites!

Frozen Roast
Mix together 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, 2 shakes worchestershire sauce, 1 shake garlic powder, 2t. Bouquet sauce (I found this on the steak sauce isle,) 1T. mustard and 1 envelope Lipton dry onion soup. Spread this over the top of a frozen roast. Cover with foil and then a lid. Bake for 4 hours at 300*.

No comments:

Post a Comment