Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Ants Go Marching On


Unfortunately my kids have been collecting another new pet at my house.... ants! They are everywhere! I asked who was collecting them, but no one fessed up. I have tried to explain to them that when you walk around as you eat a cookie or poptart, you are feeding the pesky little buggers and they will tell all their friends and family about the abundance of treats at our house.


Tonight I am helping with a fundraiser for the young women in my ward to earn enough money to go to girls camp. We are having a spaghetti dinner and silent auction. I love spaghetti. Especially the Old Spaghetti Factory spaghetti. We are going to take the grandma's there this weekend to celebrate mother's day and I can't wait to have my favorite dish - the managers favorite with meat sauce and mizithra cheese. I have been making this recipe for mizithra cheese at home for a few years. Some how it doesn't taste as good as when someone else makes it.


Mizithra Cheese in browned butter


Melt two sticks of butter over medium heat. Stir to keep it from foaming. When it has turned a golden brown color, remove it from the heat. Put 1/4c. of crumbled mizithra cheese into the butter and stir then serve with your favorite pasta and meat sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment