Sunday, May 2, 2010

What happened to the other eight lives?


Yesterday, Lilly the baby cat died. My son found her almost dead yesterday morning. He said the day before she had climbed up the cement wall of the stall where I had her locked in and fell off of it. She probably got hurt and I didn't know it. Anyway, we ran her back over to Misty's to see if the momma cat would nurse her. We left her there during church and later, when the Taylor's came over for dinner, they broke the bad news to me. If I would have known we were going to be having a funeral, I would have made funeral potatoes. I thought cats were supposed to have nine lives - so what happened to the other eight?

Darren's Grandma Lucy gave me this recipe for funeral potatoes, but I added the bacon and extra cheese.

Unthaw one bag of shredded hash browns and put in a large bowl. Saute 1/2 of a chopped onion in butter and add these to the hash browns. Then, add one can of cream of chicken soup, 1c. sour cream, 1 cube of melted butter, some salt and pepper then stir until it is all combined well. Add four or five pieces of cooked, crumbled bacon and 3c. cheddar cheese and stir. Put this mixture into a casserole dish and top with more shredded cheese. Bake at 350* for 30 minutes or until it is bubbling and the cheese is melted on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment