Friday, April 30, 2010

The Cats Meow


Last night, my neighbor Misty brought over a gallon of fresh goats milk, (which my boys love) and some warm oatmeal cookies - which I will definitely get the recipe for because they were gone within minutes of her bringing them over! Misty said it was a thank you for tending her animals while they were gone last week, but I think it was really a thank you for taking two cats from her recent litter so she wouldn't have to deal with them anymore.

This is a picture of Lilly and LuLu. They are the newest members of the Tailwind Ranch family. When you have a barn, you have to have a barn cat to keep the mice population from over taking the area.

Something killed my last cat, Bandit, in November. I was devastated because she was the best cat! The week before she died, I watched my neighbor's dog, Cowboy, run home with my other cat dead in his mouth after he killed her. Before that, there was Gizmo, Patrick Jet Ed, and Addie. We haven't had a great track record with cats since we moved here four years ago, but hopefully my luck will change!

None of the boys were too excited about the names I chose for the kitties. Assuming they are both girls, I love their names!

Yesterday, my youngest came home with a book he had checked out at the library at school. He must have seen me looking through all my cookbooks recently because he brought home the, "Hershey's Classic Recipes" book. I asked him how he was going to read that each night and he said we could read the recipe to make something good. What a smart kid! You get your reading done, (if you want to call it that) and you get a bonus at the end.

Ken had already picked out several things to make - especially from the no bake section. Tonight we are going to try this recipe:
Easy Chocolate Cheese Pie recipe.
Melt 4 sections of a Hershey's chocolate bar in the microwave 1 to 2 minutes until the chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred.

Beat together 1/4c. butter, softened with one 3 ounce package of cream cheese, 3/4c. sugar and 1t. milk until well blended and smooth. Then fold in the melted chocolate. Next, fold in 2c. whipped topping and spoon into a pre-made graham cracker or chocolate crust. Cover and refrigerate for about 3 hours. Garnish with additional whipped topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment