Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spring!




I think spring is finally here! After such a cold long winter of 20 below some days, I am sooooo.... ready for the warm weather. Yesterday when I took Miss Renegade down to the trainer, I heard frogs croaking, bee's were buzzing and the birds were singing. It is music to my ears!

Everyone is buzzing around here to prepare for the growing season. The farmer who takes care of our hay field is grating today. Darren has been working on getting the irrigation line going. We have been burning all the dead weeds and today I planted some pasture grass seed. We are hoping to plant grass soon so we have been getting all of the planting areas ready. We planted 25 more tree's. That is one thing I hate about building a new home, there are no tree's! All together in the last two years we have planted over 200 trees. One day we will have quite the forest!

It is a sure sign that spring is here when my neighbor, Meradee, is out in her yard. She spends countless hours out there and it always looks amazing! I worked with Meradee in our ward's young women's program when I first moved here. She loves to cook and one day she made me this recipe for Baked Southwest Sandwiches. My stomach is growling just thinking about them!


Meradee's Southwest Sandwiches

Combine 1 can (4 oz) of chopped olives with 1/2t. chili powder, 1/2t. cumin, 1/2C. mayo, 1/3C. sour cream and 1/3C. chopped green onions. Spread this onto slices of french bread then add a slice of deli turkey sliced thin. On top of that add a slice of tomato then a little more of the mayo mixture, a slice of avocado and sprinkles with shredded cheddar cheese.


Bake at 350* for 15 minutes or until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment