Monday, April 26, 2010

Are You Insane?





I can't wait to have fresh raspberry shakes, fresh raspberries with whip cream on French toast and raspberry honey butter this summer!
On Saturday, Carrie Caldwell and I went to her old house, (where my friend Tresa lives), and dug up a bunch of raspberry bushes that Tresa wanted to get rid of. Carrie is so amazing! She knew the name of every plant she had planted in that huge yard even though she planted everything three or four years ago!

I brought them home and ended up planting 20 raspberry bushes, along with 8 strawberries, 8 blueberries, and a variety of perennials that day. I was exhausted when we were done, but it is so nice to go out and see the start of a beautiful garden growing and the idea of having fresh berries to eat! Yummy!

One of my other friends, Stephanie Merrell, was telling me about her new hobby.... Bee's. She said she had read somewhere it is supposed to be calming. "ARE YOU INSANE?" I asked as she and her husband were telling me how there were twenty bee's crawling all over them the day they picked them up. When her husband told me how the bee's were crawling under the strap of his flip flop and he was afraid to walk and hurt them I knew they were crazy! That is one thing I truly do not have any desire to do. I hope they will share some of their honey though so I can make Carrie's Raspberry Honey Butter Recipe with my fresh raspberries!

Raspberry Honey Butter

Whip 1 pound of butter that has been softened and add 1C. honey and whip. Stir in 1C. of fresh raspberries that have been smashed a little bit (or you can use the frozen kind that have been thawed), and 1t. vanilla. Whip until it is incorporated and serve with a slice of Carrie's warm homemade bread - which I don't even attempt to make.

On Sunday, Carrie dropped off a loaf of that yummy bread and I could only dream of eating it with the raspberry honey butter, but it won't be long!












No comments:

Post a Comment