Friday, April 23, 2010

Divine Rolls


Last Sunday, one of Brayden's friends, Josh McCormick tried making cinnamon rolls for the very first time and was so excited that he brought over a plate of them to Brayden. My family loved them even better than my cinnamon rolls. Ouch! I got beat out by a 14 year old boy on his first try.

Last night we went to the McCormicks for our monthly Bunco game and I talked Raelynn into giving me the recipe because they are to die for!

Rae also made some yummy enchilada's and tortilla soup. I will definitely be getting the recipe for these things too! Carrie Caldwell brought some amazing rice - that I will also be getting the recipe for! We had a lot of fun - I didn't win (of course) but it was still fun to get together with all of those amazing people and laugh and visit.

Josh's Cinnamon Rolls

Mix and make a well with the following:
4 1/2C. flour, 2t. salt, 1/2c. sugar and 1/2c. powdered milk.
Then pour 1 1/2C. warm water and 2 packages of yeast into the well.
Cover with a towel for 15 minutes. Then add 1/2C. oil and 3 beaten eggs. Mix together well, (the dough will be sticky.) Add just enough flour to handle the dough. Let raise until it doubles in size.

Roll out and put melted butter on the dough some brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll up and slice then let them raise again.
Bake at 375* for 20 minutes. Then frost with powdered sugar frosting.
There is nothing better than a warm cinnamon roll - they are divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment