Monday, April 19, 2010

Raising boys


Today is my Mom's birthday. Happy Birthday Mom! Even though I don't live close enough to see her very often, I talk to her almost every day. She has traveled the world and loves to decorate and volunteer for different causes. I'm so glad she is my Mom! She doesn't understand
my whole horse obsession. She grew up on a farm and thinks it is all too much work. It is a lot of work, but it helps me raise my boys. This weekend, my brother-in-law was so impressed that my boys could all drive the tractors and heavy equipment so well. I said, "You thought I was raising horses, but I'm really raising boys."

A few days ago, I went to Salt Lake and I went to lunch with my Mom and my sisters to celebrate our birthdays. We went to Rumbi Grill. If you haven't ever been there you have to try it! Their barbecue chicken salad is to die for! This recipe is similar to it and you should try it!

Barbecue Chicken Salad

In a bowl, combine the following:
1 bag of Romaine lettuce mix
2 pieces of grilled terriyaki chicken - diced
1/2 can of black beans - drained
1/2 can of sweet white corn - drained
some cilantro - chopped
scallions - chopped
Roma tomatoes - diced
julienne carrots
jicama - diced
tortilla strips - (or crumble some tortilla chips)
1C. shredded mozzarella cheese
Top off with ranch dressing

Toss this all together. ALOHA!

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture! That was a great trip and I need to come out and see your fun farm (especially with the new cows!)

    ReplyDelete