Thursday, April 22, 2010

You Are My Sunshine


Yesterday was my youngest sons twelfth birthday. He is my little sunshine and always makes me laugh! When he grows up he wants to be a professional motorcycle rider like Travis Pastrana, but getting him out to ride the motorcycle is a challenge. Once he gets on it, he loves it, but it has to be his idea.
He loves to watch the television show, Sponge Bob and he retains the funny one liners off of it. Somehow he always pulls these phrases out at the perfect time to make us laugh. The other day he couldn't get the lid off of something and he said, "Oh tarter sauce." You can't help but laugh when he says something like that! Or another day he said, "What the Halibut?"

One time when we were down at Lake Powell with our friends, Lisa Labrum made egg McMuffins for breakfast. Just as Ken was about to put the Mcmuffin into his mouth, he started singing the McDonalds theme song, "ba, ba, ba, ba, ba - I'm lovin' it!" Lisa was laughing until she had tears rolling down her face.

Here is Lisa's McMuffin recipe:

Toast and butter two English muffin halves and top with a cooked egg (however you like it cooked), then add a slice of cooked Canadian bacon and then a slice of cheddar or American cheese on top. I like to microwave it for a few seconds to melt the cheese. You can also add a cooked sausage patty instead of the ham. Then sing: ba, ba, ba, ba, ba - I'm lovin' it!

When I was making my little Friendship Stew cookbook for all of my friends, Ken started looking through it and asked, "Where's my recipe?" I said, "I don't know, what do you cook?" He then told me to add his chocolate banana smoothie recipe. So he helped me design the page and I added it to the cookbook!

Ken's Chocolate Banana Smoothie

Cut up one banana into the blender, add 6 ice cubes, 1T. chocolate Ovaltine and 4C. milk. Blend it up and serve. Make sure you leave the chocolate mustache on your lip so everyone knows how good it was - like Ken does!



No comments:

Post a Comment