Friday, April 23, 2010

Motocross Mishap

Yesterday my two oldest boys were riding their motorcycles up in the hills by our house with some friends and my middle child ran into one of his friends while they were jumping. Thank goodness no one got hurt! Lance, the friend he ran into is getting ready to go on a mission in July so he must have had angels watching over him because it could have been really bad! Last September my oldest hit a pipe while riding his motorcycle and broke his arm in two places and had to have two rods put into his arm to fix it. I just finished paying for all the doctor bills this month, I really don't want to start up a new payment plan! Whose idea was it to get the dirt bikes anyway? I don't remember having any say in that decision!

Thank goodness the pioneer trek for youth conference was postponed until July because it was snowing this morning! I know that would have made it all the better for the kids to realize how hard it was for the pioneers who didn't have a choice to go or not because of the weather, but I was not excited to freeze my tush off!

Yesterday I went to lunch with a couple of friends, Tresa and Rhonda. We went to Winger's and had horrible service and we decided that was why we don't eat out anymore. I met Tresa when she moved into my old neighborhood and we were instant friends the day I rode with her to do carpool so my youngest wouldn't freak out about going with a stranger. We sat and cried together for two hours that day as I told her about the trials my youngest was having and ever since we have been great friends. I met Rhonda through Tresa, and she told me about a couple of recipes that I am excited to try. The first is for Blue Cheese Steak and the second is for coconut milk rice.

Blue Cheese Steak
Broil your favorite steak for 5 to 7 minutes on each side then add some crumbled blue cheese on top and melt under the broiler.
I love a good steak - as Kennedy would say, (I must be a carnivore like the dinosaurs!)

Coconut milk rice
Cook white rice according to the directions except add a little bit of coconut milk and one small stalk of green onions sliced thinly.

Both of these recipes are so easy I couldn't resist adding them to my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment