Sunday, April 18, 2010

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?


My neighbors are out of town so I get to tend their animals while they are gone. The best part is there are six baby kittens I get to love! They are so adorable! The fresh eggs are a bonus too - maybe I should ask them if I could tend more often!

It's a good thing a I have been getting two or three eggs a day because I have been making all these breakfast casseroles that require lot's of eggs. My sister in law, Jenny, made this casserole for us one Christmas morning and it has become one of my families favorites!

Jenny's Christmas Casserole

Butter a casserole dish and add 8 pieces of sliced french bread. Cover them with 2C. shredded cheddar cheese. Brown 1 package of sausage and put on top of that. In a bowl, beat 4 eggs with 2 1/4C. milk. Pour this over the top of the french bread and refrigerate for 3 hours. Then mix 1/2C. milk and 1 can of cream of mushroom soup then pour this over the top of the french toast mixture and bake for 1 hour at 300*.

No comments:

Post a Comment