Thursday, April 22, 2010

April Showers


Last night we went to a Scout Court of Honor for my boys. I was so proud of them. Alex wore his eagle medal. Bray received his life merit badge and can now start working on his Eagle. Ken was advanced to a first class scout and got his first four merit badges. It is a lot of work, but in the end I hope they thin it is worth it.

I love the rain! It seems so good and it makes everything so clean and fresh. It also makes weeding so much easier! Right now I can use all the help I can get in that department.
My good friend, Angie Lloyd taught me this secret. I was complaining about the weeds in my yard and she shared her secret with me - after it rains, go out and pull the weeds while the soil is still soft.

She also shared this yummy recipe for chicken pot pie with me. Thanks Angie!

Angie's Chicken Pot Pie

Boil 2 sliced potatoes, 1C. carrots (sliced), 2 stalks of celery, (diced) and 2 chicken breasts, (diced.) Drain off the broth and save 1C. Add 1 can of cream of chicken soup to the broth and 1/4C. milk. Stir thoroughly and add a little salt and pepper.

Put a premade pie dough circle into a pie tin. Put the chicken and veggies on top of it and then pour the cream of cream mixture over the top of that. Put another premade pie dough circle on the very top - pinching the edges together. Cut three slits in the top of the dough with a sharp knife and then brush with melted butter.

Bake for 20 minutes at 350* or until the crust turns a golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment