Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"Stressed" Is Just Desserts Spelled Backwards


Run, run, run, run, run and then run some more! That has how my life has seemed lately and it doesn't look like it is going to slow down one bit. It's nice to be busy, but it sure does stress me out and I want to pull my hair out sometimes!

I love desserts. I think dessert should be served first and then the rest of dinner because it is the best part! So when we have had dinner with our friends the Labrums for the last few nights and Lisa brought the dessert each time, it has been the best cure for my stressful days! The first night she brought a birthday cake topped with frosting that tasted like marshmallow cream. It was to die for! Then a couple nights later, she brought over a chocolate cake with a caramel like frosting. Mmm, Mmm,Mmm,Mmm,Mmmmmmm! - everyone was fighting over the last piece - but Kennedy won out on that one.

Here are the recipes for these frostings:

Lisa's Marshmallow Frosting

In a sauce pan, combine 2C. sugar, 1C. water and 1/4t. cream of tartar and bring to a boil. In a mixing bowl, beat 2 egg whites and 1t. vanilla. Then, with the beaters on low, slowly add in the sugar mixture. Beat until soft peaks form. Then frost!

Lisa's Caramel Frosting

In a sauce pan, combine 3/4C. butter, 3/4C. canned milk and 1/2C. brown sugar. Cook 10-15 minutes over medium heat while stirring continuously. Let it cool slightly then stir in enough powdered sugar to reach the desired consistency. Then frost.

2 comments:

  1. I'm stoked to try out these recipes for some of the cakes that I make. I'm still trying to find my "signature" cake, if you know what I mean. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?!!! You had THE signature cakes at the silent auction! I was so bummed I didn't win one of them! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete