Sunday, May 23, 2010

Massage or Not To Massage?


The boys went to Hanksville for a whirlwind motorcycle trip yesterday while Ken and I stayed home. I worked on planting more of my garden and obviously I over did it because this morning I could hardly move because I had a huge knot under my left shoulder blade and the pain went up my neck to the base of my head. I think I need a good massage - which is very hard to find these days. On one of our buying trips to California, my sister booked us each a massage with a place she found on Spa Finder. We should have turned and ran when we saw the place - but for some reason we didn't. When my massage therapist came out and called my name I almost didn't answer because I was so scared! He looked to be about 17, with braces, thick glasses, pimples all over his face and he talked with a lisp. I looked at my sister and she just laughed and said, "Be brave." It was the worst massage of my life! Why did I waste the $60 on such misery? I guess it could have been worse, he could have burned me with hot rocks like the therapist in the next room did to my sister. She seriously had burn marks on her back where the therapist had put the rocks. What was even worse was in the midst of trying to relax she dropped one of the rocks scaring my sister and me in the next room! So much for feeling better! I think I will just stick to a hot bath this time.

In all of my planting yesterday, I planted a lot of potatoes. We haven't ever grown them before, but I love potatoes and could eat them for every meal! I especially love this recipe for loaded potato skins.

Scrub 5 large potatoes then pierce with a fork. Place on paper towels and microwave on high for 15 minutes.
Cook 10 slices of bacon and save the grease.
Position the rack on the top shelf and turn on the broiler.
Line a baking sheet with foil. Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out the flesh, leaving about 1/4 inch edge. Save the flesh in a bowl for another use. Place the skins, cut-side down on the baking sheet - rub with bacon grease. Broil for 4 minutes.
Remove the potato skins from the oven and flip over. Season with salt and pepper then sprinkle each with 2T. cheese and 1 slice of crumbled bacon. Top bacon with additional cheese.
Return to broiler for 3 minutes until the cheese melts.Top with scallions and serve with sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment