Friday, June 25, 2010

Spurs At A Funeral?


I think it's safe to say the summer weather is officially here! (It's about time!)

Yesterday, my youngest and I spent several hours collecting the extra hay that didn't get baled and we were roasting - happily - in the warm weather. We have two little farm trucks with dump beds and we had a lot of fun racing to see who could fill up the back of the beds the fasted. Ken resorted to knocking the hay off of my pitch fork and even stabbed me once to try to beat me, but in the end I won. It couldn't be because he spent half the time just driving around honking at me instead of stopping and picking up the loose hay - but at least it got him out of the house and he was working on his driving skills without even knowing it!

Last night we were supposed to meet the horse trainer to go riding in the hills to work with our three year gelding, but right before that we had to go to a viewing for one of our neighbor's mother who had passed away. We threw on nice shirts and went to the viewing in our Levi's and boots - spurs and all. I was worried we would look out of place, but we fit right in! My mother and twin sister would be horrified because as they say, I must be conforming!

I have been craving this yummy chicken salad recipe that my friend Lynette gave me when we were in charge of a Relief Society homemaking luncheon once. It tastes great hot or cold - which is perfect for this hot weather!

Lynette's Chicken Salad

Cook 1 package of chicken flavored Vermicelli Rice-A-Roni and set aside. Boil four chicken breasts, shred and save the broth. Add the chicken to the rice then add: 1 can sliced olives, 2 chopped tomatoes, two stalks of celery - sliced and one can of water chestnuts - sliced. In a separate bowl, combine 1/4C. chicken broth, with 3/4C. mayonnaise. Stir this into the rice mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment