Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Africa Here We Come!


I can hardly believe we leave for Africa tomorrow! It seems like we have spent countless hours preparing and it is finally here! We have four giant bags overflowing with items donated from our wonderful friends and neighbors. I'm sure the items they hold will make a difference in the lives of the Kenyan people.
I will miss my husband and the two boys I am leaving behind, but I am excited to go to Kenya with Brayden to help make a difference some how.

Everyone keeps asking me if I am nervous, but I am really not. I wish Dar and the other two boys were going with us, because I will miss them terribly but someone has to hold down the fort while we are gone!

I'm sure it will be a great adventure and I can't wait to share the exciting experiences we will have.

One last McDonald's Coke and a peanut butter kiss cookie - then we are off!

Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies

Combine 1/2C. peanut butter, 1/2C. butter, 1/2C. sugar and 1/2C. brown sugar until creamy. Add one egg, 2T. milk, 1t. vanilla, 1 3/4C. flour, 1t. baking soda and 1/2t. salt.
Roll dough into small balls and then roll in a bowl of sugar until coated. Set on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 350*.
As soon as you pull them out of the oven, top with an unwrapped Hershey's chocolate kiss or my favorite, half of an unwrapped Reese's peanut butter cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment