Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Gas Soaked Oreo Cookies


I loved oreo cookies until Sunday night. There was nothing better than dunking one of those little cookies into a big glass of cold milk. The timing has to be all right - not too soggy but still soaked enough to melt in your mouth. After everyone left on Sunday night, I sat down with a big glass of cold milk and a package of oreo's for a little snack. Immediately after I took the first bite I asked, "What smells like gasoline?" Alex, my oldest, said it was probably his hands because he had helped his friend, Tyler Johnson, clean his fuel filter on his motorcycle a few minutes before. So I continued to eat my oreo's and after I ate the second one, I complained that the gas smell was really strong to the point where I could taste it. My husband said it was my imagination. So I dipped one more oreo into the milk and started to eat it but the taste was so strong, I was starting to get nauseated. I smelled the cookie but it didn't smell like gas. So I smelled the oreo package and it smelled really strong like gasoline. We figured out that the sack the oreos were in must have been setting in the back of the truck and some gas spilled on it. I had been eatting gas soaked oreos! The whole rest of the night I kept burping up gas. My family thought it was hilarious! I told them we should light a match and see what would happen, but my husband said with my luck, I would inhale just at the right time and send a flame down into my stomach. The thought of eating an oreo cookie now makes my stomach turn!

Maybe I should just stick to these homemade oreo's once I get to the cabin so I won't have this happen again!

Homemade Oreo's

Mix: 1 Devi's food cake mix with 1/2C. shortening and two eggs. Roll dime sized balls on a cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes at 350*.

Frosting: Mix 8 ounces of cream cheese, 1/2 square of butter, softened, 2t. vanilla and 2 to 4C. powdered sugar until smooth.
Frost the backs of the cooled cookies and place them together to make a sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment