Friday, July 9, 2010

Playing In The Sprinklers


Last night we went to the local rodeo. I had a blast - I don't know about the rest of the family! They usually just go for the half time show but this year it was sooooo.... lame! They had two guys in sumo suits, wrestling. Where is the guy with the wonder horse who can do amazing tricks and his monkey that rides on a little saddle on a dog?

This morning I put the horses out into one of our paddocks and turned the sprinklers on to cool them off. I sat and watched my two year old colt, Copper Penny, play in the sprinklers. At first she stood near the spray enjoying the mist. Then, when she realized she liked the cool water hitting her, she moved closer to spray, until it hit her in the face. Then she put her ears back and glared at it. It was hilarious to watch her relax as she got more comfortable with the water hitting her. In the end, she ended up standing right over the sprinkler head so the water sprayed up and hit right under her belly. It must have felt like the water jets I have on my massaging shower head. Nothing better then playing in the sprinklers to cool off while eating a nice salad in the pasture!

Speaking of salads, I found Top Ramen on sale at the grocery store, so I think I will make one of my favorite salads with it.

Oriental Chicken Salad

Boil and dice one chicken breast. In a large bowl, add 2T. sesame seeds, one head cabbage, shredded and 2 green onions, finely chopped. Crumble the dry noodles from the package of one chicken flavored Ramen noodle soup.
To make the dressing: combine 1/2 pkg. of the seasoning from the Ramen soup with 3T. sugar, 1/2C. vegetable oil and 3T. rice wine vinegar. Toss with the lettuce right before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment