Thursday, July 1, 2010

That's Not Good


Yesterday we had another whirlwind trip to Salt Lake. We stayed at the cabin Tuesday night so it was such a long day. Plus we needed to get the horse corral panels set up for this weekend.Shortly after we got there, we say two BIG moose about twenty feet off of the deck. There has been so much construction going on over the hill at Deer Valley on Empire Pass that I am amazed these big animals have a desire to stick around. It's always fun to see them - from a distance!

We were in a hurry to get home last night so Darren could help cook for a ward barbecue, but of course everything that could happen to delay us did happen including loosing a whole roll of carpet pad at the top of Daniels Summit. Some nice people stopped to tell us they moved it off the road, but when we went back to get it, a semi truck driver had loaded it up and driven off. I said, "That's not good!" We called the owner of the trucking company and told them we were grateful they picked it up for us, but we really needed it back! We'll see if that one happens.

I signed up to take a salad to the barbecue and I was so excited because I went out into my garden and picked some fresh tomatoes and cilantro add to my Avocado Bean salad. All of my hard work planting finally paid off and something grew!

My excitement to share the fresh tomatoes didn't last long, because as I was running out the door late with my bean salad for the party, I accidentally dropped it and dumped the whole bowl on the floor. As I stood there staring at the mess trying to not swear, Ken came up behind me and said, "That's not good." I couldn't help but laugh!

So for everyone that would have had this yummy salad at the party and didn't get to taste it, here is the recipe for the avocado bean salad that ended up all over my floor.

Avocado Bean Salad

Drain the following then combine in a bowl: one 15oz. can black eyed peas, one 15oz. can black beans, 1T. chopped cilantro, one 15oz. can corn, 2 tomatoes chopped then add one package of Italian dressing made according to the directions. Chill then just before serving, add two chopped avocados.

No comments:

Post a Comment