Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Painting, painting and more painting


I have spent the last two days painting my garage doors and I am still not done. All I can say is I am glad my husband didn't order the twelve foot doors like he originally wanted to do AND that I talked him into getting three doors instead of six! They will be beautiful when they are done, but man it is a lot of painting! I am using the minwax gel stain which reminds of when my kids used to make pictures with chocolate pudding. If the temperature gets to hot, it becomes like tar and is a nightmare to use!

After I helped paint every room in our house after it was built I swore I would never pick up another paint brush. So why am I painting again?

Yesterday when I was weeding my garden, I found a wonderful surprise, my zucchini's are starting to grow! My all time favorite recipe ever includes zucchini so I can't wait!

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

Beat 1/2C. butter, 1/2C. oil and 1 3/4C. sugar until fluffy. Add two eggs, 1t. vanilla and 1/2C. sour cream. Next add 2 1/2C. flour, 4T. cocoa, 1t. baking soda,
1/2t. cinnamon and 1/2t. salt. Then stir in 2C. grated zucchini. Pour batter into a cake pan then sprinkle with chocolate chips and 1/4C. brown sugar.
Bake for 45 minutes at 325*.

No comments:

Post a Comment