Thursday, February 18, 2010

How to choose Prince Charming




The good news is, the big blue barn is clean. The bad news is, I have to try to keep it that way until next Wednesday when we have the barn dance!
I thought it was supposed to be last night, but it is NEXT Wednesday. Obviously I have too much on my plate!
I got a call from my son about 2:30PM and he broke the news to me. So that meant I had four hours to put together a Daddy Daughter party for my Laurels centered around the theme of, "How to choose your Prince Charming." Thank goodness I already had some idea of what I wanted to do, I just had to put it all together!
I made lime green sherbert frogs sitting on green lilly pad plates and decorated with green frog princes on a stick. It was a really fun night! We played a version of the Newly Wed game - but Daddy Daughter style and then the Dad's all offered some advice to the girls about how to choose a future mate. Hopefully the girls will remember that advice and set their standards high so they can get the cream of the crop!
Speaking of cream, I found another pasta recipe I can't wait to try!
Creamy Pasta with Bacon
Cook one 9 oz. pkg. refrigerated linguine according to the directions.
In a large skillet, saute 1 med. onion, chopped in 1T. Canola oil until tender. Add 2 cloves of garlic, minced and cook for another minute.
In a small bowl, whisk together 2T. flour, and 1 1/2C. heavy whipping cream. Add this to the onions and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat and stir for another minute or until it thickens. Remove from the heat.
In a small bowl, beat 3 eggs then add to the whipping cream mixture - stirring constantly, bring to a boil and cook for 2 more minutes.
Drain the linguine and add this to the pan. Then stir in 8 cooked pieces of bacon that have been chopped up into small pieces and 1/2C. grated Parmesan cheese - heat for a few minutes and serve.
Fast and easy on the Tailwind Ranch!

No comments:

Post a Comment