Friday, February 19, 2010

Soup's On!



It snowed last night and I woke up with a bad head cold. I think I will get some soup simmering and go back to bed!
The best soup is made from a variety of ingredients. They are all different, yet they compliment and bring out the best of one another. The same is true of real friends. They bring out the best in you and add something new to your life. Trish Ellis is one of these friends, she always lifted me up and made me feel good. She helped me out tremendously when I found out my youngest was possibly autistic. Her wisdom helped me know everything would be ok.
I hadn't ever had minestrone soup until she made this recipe for me. It is full of stuff that is good for you, so it has to be a good cold remedy. The best part about this soup is how easy it is to make! Open a can of this and a can of that and add some water!

Trish's Minestrone Soup

Heat 1/4C. olive oil over low heat. Add 3C. diced celery, 2C. diced canned Italian tomato's, 1 can green beans drained (not French style.) Then add one 15oz. can kidney beans drained, 2C. shredded cabbage (a bag of coleslaw works great,) 2t. salt, 1t. pepper, 1 1/2t. garlic powder, 3T. beef bullion, 1 1/2t. basil, 2t. oregano, 9C. water, one 8oz. can tomato sauce, 1/2C. barley, 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and 1C. macaroni uncooked.
Simmer for 45 minutes and serve. Thanks for the recipe Trish and especially for being an important ingredient in my friendship stew!

No comments:

Post a Comment