Thursday, February 25, 2010

Yee Haw!


The barn dance was a huge success! The kids had a great time learning how to do the boot scootin' boogie, the two step and other fun dances. In fact they were having so much fun, they didn't want to leave when the time came and I had to kick them all out!
I had worked all day and still had to get ready for the big dance, so for dinner I needed something that was really fast and easy. I decided to try out a new recipe I had found in a magazine and I am glad I did because it was yummy!
Taco Casserole
Brown two pounds of hamburger. Then add 1 pkg. of taco seasoning, 2 cans of tomato soup, 1 1/2 cans of water and 1 C. salsa. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 2 or 3 minutes and then add a bunch of crumbled tortilla chips and 1 C. of shredded cheddar cheese. The recipe called for cutting up six flour tortilla's, but I liked the crumbled chips better. If you want it to be a little creamier, you can also add 1 C. of sour cream to the mix after it comes to a boil.

No comments:

Post a Comment