Friday, February 26, 2010

Muddy Buddies


I love this time of the year because it is starting to warm up enough that I can work outside without a coat on and the snow is starting to melt. The only bad part is once the snow starts to melt, it leaves mud and a winter's worth of manure! I spent a good portion of the afternoon scrapping the horse pens - which I really don't mind doing except my golden retriever puppy insisted on following behind the tractor, so she was a muddy, manure smelling mess! My American Eskimo just sat on the porch and watched all of the action from a distance where he could stay white and clean. How come she couldn't do the same?


With all this mud, I think it is appropriate to share one of my families favorite recipes that involves a little mud:


Muddy Buddies

Put 4 1/2 C. Rice, wheat or corn chex into a large bowl.

Melt 1/2C. semisweet chocolate chips, 1/4C. peanut butter and 1/8C. butter in the microwave on high for one minute. Stir and then microwave for another 30 seconds. Add 1 tsp. vanilla and then pour over the top of the cereal until evenly coated.

Put this into a gallon sized zip lock baggie and add 3/4C. powdered sugar. Zip up the top and shake until the cereal is well coated. Store in an air tight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment