Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I Can't Believe I Ate The Whole Thing


Yesterday, before Darren took Sabino to the airport to fly home to Peru, he and Clay took him the Park City ski resort to go down the Alpine slide. He said he hadn't ever done anything like that before and thought it was wonderful! Darren said even on the roller coaster slide, he went really fast the second time around. I'm so glad he got to have one last party before leaving!

On Monday, the queen of everything, Ashley Laris, brought me a treat so she wouldn't have to eat them. Thanks a lot Ash! I am on a new diet called the Fat Flush so I thought, I will just eat one. They were so yummy, they just melted in my mouth! I decided they were small, so I could probably eat one more. The next thing I knew, the whole plate was gone. I can't believe I ate the whole plate by myself! So much for the diet! Ashley said she got the recipe from Julie Peterson, but since she made them for me, I'm giving her the credit.

I have three ripe bananas sitting on my kitchen counter, so guess what I am going to make today?

Banana Bars

Combine 1/2C. butter, 2C. sugar, 3 eggs, 3 mashed bananas, 1t. vanilla, 1t. baking soda, a pinch of salt and 2C. flour. Spread batter into a cake pan and bake at 350* for 25 minutes. Frost when cool and slice into small squares.

Frosting:
Beat 8 ounces of cream cheese with 1/2C. butter then add 4C. powdered sugar and 1t. vanilla. Add just enough milk to reach the consistency desired

1 comment: