Monday, September 20, 2010

Pancake breakfast pockets, zucchini lasagna and potato cheese soup


While I was at my niece Tiffany's wedding shower, several people were talking about yummy recipes that I can't wait to try.

One of the gifts my niece got was a panini machine - (it's makes sandwiches). My sisters neighbor, Debbie Kwata, said she puts pancake batter in the bottom of the machine and then whatever toppings she likes on top like bacon, chocolate chips, or fruit and then bakes it in the machine so it turns out like a breakfast pocket. Why didn't they have those machines when I got married?

I had taken a bunch of zucchini in to Salt Lake for my family members and my nieces maid of honor, Ashley, told me about using it to make lasagna. She said instead of using noodles, slice the zucchini in thin strips along the whole length and then add your meat, sauce and cheese. I am always looking for another recipe to use up the zucchini!

I'm still waiting for a copy of the other recipes that were talked about during the party and I will definitely share them as they come my way.

Yesterday I went out into my garden to pick some veggies for dinner and I found a wonderful surprise - potatoes! I thought they hadn't grown because the last time I checked, there were only tiny potatoes. I didn't check the red potatoes and they are the ones that were blossoming! I felt like I was on a treasure hunt because each time I dug down I kept finding more and more potatoes!

I can't wait to use them to make this recipe for Potato Cheese Soup ~

Bake eight large potatoes until they are soft. Mash or cube them and set aside.

In a large pot, combine 2/3C. butter and 2/3C. flour to make a roux. Cook for 1 minutes then whisk in 2/3C. milk and 2/3C. chicken broth. Add salt and pepper, the potatoes, twelve strips of cooked bacon, crumbled and 8oz. shredded cheddar cheese.

At the very last minute, add in 1C. sour cream.

To reheat this add a little milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment