Monday, September 20, 2010

The Lion King


I had a very busy, but fun weekend. Friday morning I got a phone call from my friend Ashley. She said she had an extra ticket to see the Lion King which is playing at the Capital Theater in Salt Lake, and wondered if I would like to be her date that night. I have been dying to see this show so I jumped at the chance to go!

It was so fun! I loved the costumes and the music. Plus it was fun to get dressed up and have a girls night out.

The next day, I helped my twin sister and my Mom decorate and get ready for a wedding shower for my niece Tiffany who is getting married next month. We went with the theme of using her new last name, Hortin, and decorated with the letter "H" everywhere. It turned out darling. My sister is the queen of creative, so of course it was wonderful! It was really fun to see my cousin Annie and her two daughters who I haven't seen for several years.

Dar and I hurried and flew home so we could help with the end of youth conference for the youth in our ward. Ashley had come home that morning and single handedly decorated the gym to look like a cruise ship. She is amazing! It turned out so amazing! The kids had a great day with the Bishop and Kennedy even got a strike when they went bowling. Everyone cheered and he was giving high five's because he was so excited.

I wish I could have been there, but it was so fun to hear how happy he was.

Yesterday morning we slept in and tried to recover from our whirlwind weekend. Dar and Bray made us breakfast. They came up with this fun idea instead of just making plain eggs, bacon and toast and it was yummy!

The Boyz Eggs in a basket

Take a piece of sourdough bread and rip some of the bread out to make a hole in the center. Butter both sides of the bread and place on a griddle. Then scramble an egg in a bowl add shredded cheese and crumbled, cooked bacon then pour into the center of the bread. Cook until the egg starts to set up and then flip it over.

No comments:

Post a Comment