Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fall is definitely in the air



My house lies in the flight path of migrating geese so I can always tell when spring or winter are coming. This morning I heard a flock of geese honking as they flew over my house. I wanted to run out and tell them to turn around because it is too early to head south!

It was definitely cooler today and the wind has been blowing all day long.
This cooler weather always makes me feel like the little red hen, preparing for winter hibernation. I spent most of yesterday and all of today in the kitchen. So,
I'm pooped!

One batch of apple pie filling, one batch of salsa, one batch of peach pit jam, one batch of chocolate zucchini bread and one batch of chocolate zucchini pumpkin bread. But now I have to still make dinner! Over whelmed by the pile of zucchini still sitting on my kitchen counter, it is going to be a zucchini night! Lemon butter zucchini pasta with chicken and fried zucchini with a piece of chocolate zucchini bread or the pumpkin chocolate zucchini bread for dessert.

Lemon Butter Zucchini Pasta

Melt 2T. butter in a pan, add 1T. lemon juice, 1C. shredded zucchini, and garlic salt to taste. While this is cooking, boil a package of angel hair pasta according to the directions. Drain the pasta then add 1C. Parmesan cheese and toss in the zucchini mixture.

This tastes great with grilled chicken breasts that have been diced tossed in.

2 comments: