Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cinderella Shopping


Today I took one of my young women dress shopping for a homecoming dress. Since I don't have any girls, this was a new adventure for me! She immediately informed me she is pretty picky - I told her, "in a small town, with a limited selection, you can't be picky!" We went to a second hand store called, Gweneviers Attic, and within two minutes she had on a beautiful grey colored dress with sequenced flowers on the bodice. It was amazing how well the dress fit her perfectly! Going into the store, I was pretty sure we were going to have to take whatever we found and make some kind of alterations, but this dress truly was meant to be hers! (Thank goodness because I am not a seamstress!) It came with some extra matching fabric that I am going to try to make a shrug so it is a little more modest.

With tears in her eyes, this cute girl told me it was the most beautiful dress she had ever seen! I told the store clerk we had to have it! Last week this cute girl told me she had been asked to the Homecoming dance, but didn't really want to go because she didn't have a dress to wear, nor the money to buy one. When I asked her what kind of dress she wanted, she told me, she wanted a "princess dress." I think we accomplished that today and I can't wait to see her with her hair and makeup done.

At our New Beginnings program for the young women in February, my friend Michelle, brought this fruit dip. Our theme was princesses so I call it Princess Fruit Dip.

Combine 1/2 of a large jar of marshmallow cream with 2/3 can of sweetened condensed milk, a tub of cool whip and 1t. vanilla. Blend well with a hand mixer then serve with pieces of cut up fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment