Friday, September 3, 2010

Procrastination Monkey


Living in a small, rural town has its advantages. When I lived in Salt Lake, if I would have heard a gun shot in my neighborhood during the middle of the night, I would have been scared to death. In Vernal when this happens at 3AM, I just roll over and think, "Must be the neighbor shooting at the coyotes I heard howling a while ago so they won't eat his chickens." Only in Vernal!

Monday night I finally convinced my oldest son to ask a cute girl to the homecoming dance before all the cute girls were gone. We tied some yellow balloons to an ape that walk and grunted with a note that said, "I will go bananas if you don't go to homecoming with me!" It was really cute!
As soon as he got home, she called Alex and told him she had already been asked the night before. I had to bite my tongue not to say - I told you so! So this cute girl told him to ask another girl and she came and got him and helped him ask her. Well, he found out the next day that girl had also already been asked. Two strikes you are out is his motto! Ouch!

I can't wait to ride horses with the Johnson's all weekend at the cabin. We have only taken the horses up to the cabin once this summer and I have really missed it!

To cheer Alex up, we told him he could take a couple of friends. His favorite thing to eat is chili cheese queso dip. So we are going to eat lot's of that.

Chili Cheese Queso Dip

Melt one block of Velvetta cheese in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add a can of chili and stir until it bubbles. Remove from the heat and add in 4T. sour cream. Then serve with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment