Tuesday, September 21, 2010

When life gives you lemons......


Brrrr.... it was cold this morning when I was out feeding. I have a big batch of pretty sunflowers growing by my house by they are starting to fade and die off. I fear winter is coming sooner than I would like! Time to shift gears and think about Christmas, winter vacations and bundling up.

How does that saying go, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Instead I think I will make this yummy recipe for lemon zucchini bread. (Yep, more zucchini recipes! Hey when you have zucchini growing like crazy and you are watching every dime, this is a great way to feed the family!) This is one of the recipes my nieces friend Ashley told me about at the wedding shower. I LOVE lemon so I can't wait to make it!

Lemon Zucchini Bread

Combine 4C. flour, one 3.4oz. box instant lemon pudding, 1 1/4C. sugar, 1 1/2t. baking soda and 1t. baking powder. Then, in a separate bowl, combine: 4 eggs, 1 1/4C. milk, 1C. vegetable oil, 3T. lemon juice and 1t. lemon extract. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet then add 2C. shredded zucchini and 2t. grated lemon peel.

Pour batter into greased bread pans and bake 350* for 50 to 55 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment