Friday, September 24, 2010

Pucker Up!


We haven't seen our good friends, the Caldwells, for a long time so last night we went over to their house for dinner. Carrie is the most amazing cook I know so I was very excited to see what she had whipped up for us. Their front window was open as we walked up to the front door and I could smell Mexican food. Yeah! I love Mexican! She had asked me to bring over some tomatoes. Evidently they were pretty juicy ones because just as I walked into her kitchen with a brown paper sack full, the bottom fell out and we had tomatoes everywhere! Watch out! The Christensons are in the house! After we cleaned up the mess, we made taco salads and Carrie served us some Brazilian lemonade. Wow is all I can say! It was soooo.... good. While we looked at the house plans for their new house we ate homemade key lime pie. I'm not even going to attempt that one, but I know I can make the lemonade.

Brazilian Lemonade

In a blender, combine 5C. water, 1/2C. sugar, 3T. sweetened condensed milk and three limes. Then pour into a pitcher with cheese cloth on top to catch the limes. Serve over ice and pucker up!

No comments:

Post a Comment