Friday, September 24, 2010

Stir Fryin'


I love this weather! Warm during the day and cool at night. I wish it would stay this way all year.

My garden is overflowing with veggies! The other day I was excited to see the peas growing. I had about given up on them because they didn't get enough water while I was in Africa. One little row of green beans has been producing a basket full about every other day. So I decided to make stir fry with the fruits of my labor for dinner. It was so good - my family ate a huge pan full of it!

Cook two cups of sticky rice according to the directions and set aside.

Dice two steaks (whatever kind you like best) and place in a frying pan with 2T. oil. Cook until it is lightly browned. Add 2C. fresh green beans, 2C. fresh snap peas (still in the pods), 1/2 of a small onion diced, 1C. sliced carrots or matchstick carrots, 1T. garlic, 1T. Maggi Seasoning (I found this by the rice at the grocery store), and 2T. Cantonese Oyster Flavored Sauce, (this was also by the rice.) Simmer for 8 -10 minutes.

Serve this over the rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment