Thursday, March 4, 2010

All Dogs Go To Heaven


Yesterday was a horrible day at my house. My husband ran over my golden retriever puppy, Zoe and she is now in doggie heaven. It was totally an accident and he feels horrible about it. I will miss her tremendously because she was my little ray of sunshine. She followed my middle boy around like a shadow when he was home, so I am really worried about him. But he seems to be taking it as good as can be expected.

Some good things came about as a result of the accident. My oldest son bought me a dozen red roses. He treats me like a queen and kept asking me if I was ok. When I told my youngest what had happened, he didn't say anything. So I asked him if he was sad and he said no. He is developmentally delayed and he stutters, so communicating his feelings is really hard for him to do. It doesn't matter if he has been spit on by a mean boy on the bus, had his tooth knocked out by a kid on the playground or lost his clarinet, he always answers that his day was great...mostly because I think he doesn't want to talk about it. But at the dinner table last night, he was listening to his ipod and when I asked him to please turn it off he got mad. So his Dad took the ipod and threw it. He exploded and told us he was angry because his dad "freakin' threw his ipod!" Now I don't like my boys to use the word, "freakin'" because it is just a replacement for an even worse word, but I was so happy to hear him use it I couldn't get mad. Then he asked me if he could talk to me after dinner. WOW! This never happens. As we talked, he told me school just isn't fun anymore and everything about it is bad. Then I told him I was proud of him for telling me how he felt and that whenever he felt, mad or frustrated he needed to tell me and I would help him. Then he said, "What about sad?" I told him yes, sad too and then he started crying and told me he was sad about Zoe. It really broke my heart when he told me through his sobbs that he knows Zoe is with Jesus. It was truly a huge deal that he was talking to me like this and hopefully I can help him through his problems at school because he knows he can tell me about them.

I got Zoe from my twin sister. She had a litter of ten puppies and she loved this dog as much as I did. She is my idol and I am so glad she is my sister. She and her family are big American Idol fans. Every Tuesday night, they have my mom over for dinner and an American Idol night. This week she made this yummy soup and I can't wait to make it for my family!


Idol Soup


Cook a roast and save the left over juice. Shred the meat and put it into a crock pot with the juice. Add a can of corn - not drained, 3C. salsa and 1 can of chili. Let this simmer all day. A few minutes before serving, add 1 tub of sour cream. Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and crumbled chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment