Friday, March 26, 2010

No More Ham Fried Rice ... PLEASE!



My niece recently came back from a trip to China and my Dad left to go there a few days ago. This got me thinking about when my parents took me on a trip to China when I was younger. I came up with this recipe after going on that trip. The whole tweleve days we were there, this was the only thing I would eat. After watching the Chinese people make it so many times, I came home and proudly made some!

Much to my husbands dismay, this was the only thing I knew how to cook when we got married. After the first month, he asked me if we could eat something besides ham fried rice. So I went and got a bucket of chicken from KFC and put it in a pan so he would think I cooked it. I finally fessed up a few years ago, but he said he already knew. To this day, he still doesn't get too excited when it is Ham Fried Rice night!

Ham Fried Rice

Cook white rice according to the directions on the package. Microwave 1 C. frozen pea's according to the directions. In a pan, scramble 4 eggs then add 1C. chopped ham and the pea's. Cook for about 3 minutes. Then turn the heat up up to medium high and add 3T. butter and the cooked rice. Stir in 2T. Oyster sauce and cook until the rice is a light brown color.

No comments:

Post a Comment