Monday, March 22, 2010

Tip for the Day



Tip for the day:

The best way to clean your stove is to forget and leave the pot filler on! Yep, I did it again. I was filling a pot full of water to boil some veggies to put into my chicken pot pie. I guess I should quit trying to multi task and focus on the activity at hand! Although it sure does make for a clean stove, and floor and counter if you get our your mop and scrub away!
At least I didn't leave it on for an hour an a half like I did when I was filling up the horses water trough earlier today!

Chicken Pot Pie

Cut up and boil 3 chicken breasts, 3 potato's, 1/2 pkg. of the baby carrots and 3 celery sticks.
Put a pie crust from the refrigerator section into a pie tin and add the cooked vegetables.
In a bowl, combine 1 can of cream of chicken soup, 1/2 can of milk and some salt and pepper.
Pour this over the top of the veggies.
Cover this with a second refrigerator pie crust. Cut three small slits in the top and brush with melted butter.
Bake at 350* until the pie crust is light brown - (about 45 minutes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment