Thursday, March 25, 2010

Goin' Banana's


The last few days have been spent trying to get my youngest to go to school. He has had major anxiety and can't sleep, eat or really function. On Monday, I thought we had a bread through because he actually wanted to go out and ride his motorcycle and we could hardly get him to come in when it started getting dark. I was excited because I thought maybe he was starting to engage again. But yesterday morning, after I drug him to school, he got out of the car and threw his backpack down on the ground and proceeded to stand with his back to me as he cried and screamed. I was sooooo... embarrassed so I told him to get back in the car and I took him straight to the barn. I told him since Lakota was gone now he could sleep in her stall. I haven't had the heart to clean it out because I am still a little weepy when I think of her, so he had a big job ahead of him. I left him alone to hopefully calm down and when I came back he told me he was sorry and that he was ready to go to school. Once we got to his first period though, he stood there and cried and broke my heart, but at least he stayed. After spending all morning talking with counselors and his teachers, we came up with a new class schedule to hopefully alleviate some of his stress. In the meantime, I have been going banana's trying to figure out how to help him!
I have some ripe banana's so I am going to try making some of this chocolate banana bread. It smells soooo.... good!
Chocolate Banana Bread
Preheat oven to 350*. Lightly grease two loaf pans.
In a large bowl, cream together 1 C. butter, softened, 2C. sugar and 4 eggs. Then stir in 6 ripe bananas that have been mashed, and 2t. vanilla. Sift in 3C. flour, 2t. baking soda and 1/4C. cocoa powder. Blend in 1C. sour cream and 1C. semisweet chocolate chips. Pour batter into pans and bake for 60 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment