Monday, March 29, 2010

Muskrat Love


Yesterday, my husband and I rode our horses along the canal at the bottom of our property. It was the perfect evening riding. The sun was setting and the water was calm and peaceful. We saw ducks and for the first time this season, some fish - which gives me hope that spring really is coming sooner than later. We also saw a family of muskrats. It was fun to watch them gracefully glide through the water and play together. They seemed so happy. It made me think of that song, "Muskrat Love" by Captain and Tenille. So I named them muskrat Suzzy and Muscrat Sam. I felt so much love for my husband just enjoying that special moment together. It was nice to have a little calm in the storm because we had another knock down drag out fight with our youngest about going to school this morning. He was up all night and didn't eat again this morning. It breaks my heart to have to force him to do something that is so scary, but you can't run away from your fears, you have to face them.

He is so funny. Last night he kept coming up and telling us he wasn't tired. So we told him to go read in his bed until he fell asleep. We shut the our bedroom doors so he wouldn't hear the T.V. and after a few minutes, my husband found a paper he had slid under the door which said, "Mom and Dad, I need some tv time." Sponge Bob seems to take away his scary thoughts.

When I was making my little Friendship Stew cookbook for all of my friends, he was looking through it and asked where his recipe was. I asked him what his recipe was and looked at my like, "Duh," and then told me he makes a chocolate banana smoothie. So I typed up the recipe and let him help me design the page and added it to the books. Now whenever I get one of these cookbooks out to give away for a birthday gift, he always opens it up to check and make sure his page is in there.

Chocolate Banana Smoothie

Put 2C. milk (He uses Rice milk), 1 banana, peeled, 2T. chocolate ovaltine, 1C. ice cubes into a blender and mix until well blended. Then drink with a smile and make sure you have a chocolate mustache when you finish so everyone knows how good it was.




No comments:

Post a Comment