Thursday, March 11, 2010

If the glass slipper fits, wear it!


Last night for mutual, we had a Princess finishing school night. If you have ever seen the Princess Diaries, it was a similar challenge to teach these young girls how to sit properly, (I get tired of seeing their underwear on Sunday's when they wear skirts.) We also taught them how to walk with good posture, how to talk like a princess and wear makeup in moderation like a princess. I had another brilliant idea when I was planning this night - I took my ironing board and a bunch of my ironing and had one of the leaders teach them how to iron so they could wear clothes that weren't wrinkled and look like a princess. By doing this, I eliminated several shirts from my very large pile in my ironing bin - I absolutely HATE ironing!

At the end of the night I gave each of them a little plastic Cinderella slipper with a note that said, "If the glass slipper fits, wear it!"

It was a lot of fun and I hope they all learned something.


I found this recipe which I am excited to try for Baked Ziti. It involves two of my favorite things: Pasta and it is sooooo.... EZ!


Baked Ziti Supreme

Cook 1 pound of ground beef and add 1 medium onion, chopped. Pour off any fat. Stir in 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce. Add 1C. mozzarella cheese and 5C. medium tube shaped pasta that has been cooked. Spoon this mixture into a shallow baking dish and sprinkle with more mozzarella cheese and 1/4C. of Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.


Seeing my ironing pile a little smaller gave me hope, so today I am going to tackle the rest. It's a Cinderella life I tell ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment